USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a question...

I was reading a post somewhere earlier. about updating your Eras.. indicating you now have USCE?

I mean I dont see where there's an option to do that, is there an option to do that?

I know it's pretty late into the "match season" regarding updating and what not.... but if there 's a way to do that, and at the same time indicate your current usce to the programs youve applied to. i guess it wouldn't hurt me .. perhaps it wouldn't even be beneficial either.. but just curious

and one last question

So I only had 1 US LOR. the other 2 were from my med school located abroad..
Ive managed to get 2 more US lor's , and yes i know it's prolly too late for that as well.. since it takes time to get them uploaded and all.. but would that benefit me at all... this late......? or would it be a total waste of time

thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Updating your status in ERAS

There's no way that you can update your application form in ERAS because that has already been submitted and cannot be changed.

However, here's what you can do.

You can update your personal statement to reflect your recent USCE.
You can upload your recent LoRs and assign them to the programs that you applied to.

I don't think it's a total waste of time. Because programs may still be looking for candidates until the end of December and even some of them in January and so when they see that your profile has been updated to a better then they may really consider you.

Another useful thing is that when you add a new LoR or new PS, this update will automatically be seen by the programs and so it serves like a reminder to them of you, so go and do it.

Also, I wanted to tell you that uploading LoRs at this time of the year will not take the weeks and the long time as if you were to do it early in the season. Now they are not busy and they can do it for you very quickly (less than a week maybe).

Another point. If you have interviews. Send emails to the coordinators of your interviews telling them of your updated status. That's also useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts