USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi...
I have planned my exam in a month's time, so can any one suggest me which NBME to give as the last assessment test before going for exam...!! I want to give either NBME 7 or 6?
I gave NBME 4 some months ago, when I began preparing, I had gotten 229.
Will highly appreciate the input..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try to give both. But, if you have to choose, then its always better to pick the latest one i.e. NBME 7.
Thank you so much DNA10..Yes I want to give only one of these. I can afford this much only. How predictive was NBME 7 in your case?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Struggle-Okay, so NBME 7 was NOT at all predictive in my case. But possible reasons, first, I gave it nearly 5 weeks in advance of my exam date and secondly,during my time (Around Nov-Dec 2014) it was notorious for under predicting. Now that may have changed with time and NBME might have calibrated their Nbme 7 score, I really can't say.

But, I would still say go for the latest NBME, as concepts and style of questions tend to be more predictive of the actual exam.

Here you can read my experience- http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/150466-not-always-about-assessment-scores.html

Hope that helps..Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts