USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am panicking because my test is coming close and I think i am forgetting things...so, i wanted to take an exam that can possibly help me predict my score...unfortunately I have already used up all 7 of the NBMEs...so, now my only options are USMLE World SA and the free 150 questions that USMLE board releases.

PLEASE tell me which ONE is the best predictor of the score out of these 3: UWSA 1, UWSA 2, or the free 150 questions...PLEASE TELL ME SOON...my exam is coming up soon!!!

Also, which one is the HARDER one out of the 2 UWSA (1 or 2)???? And which one is more accurate at PREDICTING (UWSA 1 or 2)????

Thank you all!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
If I were you, I would buy both UWSA 1 and 2 (they come cheaper bought together) and maybe simulate an 8 hour exam doing them back to back. Take an average of those scores because with some people one may over/underpredict, same goes for two so its better taking the average of both. Best of luck:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi guys,

I am panicking because my test is coming close and I think i am forgetting things...so, i wanted to take an exam that can possibly help me predict my score...unfortunately I have already used up all 7 of the NBMEs...so, now my only options are USMLE World SA and the free 150 questions that USMLE board releases.

PLEASE tell me which ONE is the best predictor of the score out of these 3: UWSA 1, UWSA 2, or the free 150 questions...PLEASE TELL ME SOON...my exam is coming up soon!!!

Also, which one is the HARDER one out of the 2 UWSA (1 or 2)???? And which one is more accurate at PREDICTING (UWSA 1 or 2)????

Thank you all!!!
what was ur score in NBME's and UW cumulative????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is it cheaper?

Thanks for the reply...but I was just on the USMLE World website and on there it says that each on is $30...so, how is it cheaper to buy both? Can you please let me know. Thanks!

If I were you, I would buy both UWSA 1 and 2 (they come cheaper bought together) and maybe simulate an 8 hour exam doing them back to back. Take an average of those scores because with some people one may over/underpredict, same goes for two so its better taking the average of both. Best of luck:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think USWA1 is the best estimator of the bunch you have there. Just be warned that the USWA can have a 20 +/- range of marks to them.

I felt that doing the Prometric 150 q exam at the center was a better estimator than the current online version. Being in the test center is a little more stressfull than being at home and being comfortable.

If you have the option or time. You can also attempt usmleRX 192/336 question exams. I felt they were pretty good as you can use the whole qbank as a exam simulator. I felt it helped me increase my stamina when it came to blocks 5,6,7. It can be very helpful if you use the qbank correctly. USMLE rx also has a +/- 20 rating for every exam u do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all thanks for the quick reply, but I just wanted to make sure that you are saying the USWA is as good as USMLERx Simulation because both of them have a 20 +/-...so taking either one will be good predictor????

Also, what were you scoring in your USMLERx simulations (so was it close in your actual score???)...also, as a side note...what was your score on NBME 7? Was that a good predictor of your actual score? And was the style (difficulty, length, content, etc.) of NBME 7 the closest to the actual exam?

Sorry for the stupid questions...but thank you for all of your help!!! :D

I think USWA1 is the best estimator of the bunch you have there. Just be warned that the USWA can have a 20 +/- range of marks to them.

I felt that doing the Prometric 150 q exam at the center was a better estimator than the current online version. Being in the test center is a little more stressfull than being at home and being comfortable.

If you have the option or time. You can also attempt usmleRX 192/336 question exams. I felt they were pretty good as you can use the whole qbank as a exam simulator. I felt it helped me increase my stamina when it came to blocks 5,6,7. It can be very helpful if you use the qbank correctly. USMLE rx also has a +/- 20 rating for every exam u do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts