USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I joined one of the agencies which provides rotation to IMGs for USCE.
I joined a physician in his clinic for 2 days then assigned to a hospital with another great physician for the rest of the 4 weeks.I did very well with him cases & lectures & he was very happy from my activities. The problem that he doesn't like to write LOR's for any one even for American students. I keep on asking him for LOR's before I leave to my country he promises to email it to me but none. I called him & emailed him several time but no reply, can I write 4 weeks in my CV, USCE in the hospital I did W/O LOR , or what can I do?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Two possibilities

There two possible reasons that he did not write you an LoR:
One, he did not like you. This possibility is remote unless something very ugly happened between you and him.
Second, he really does not write LoRs.

In any case. Yes, you have to mention that experience in your CV.

If you suspect the second reason, I suggest you put his name as a reference in your CV and they'll contact him if they want to know more info. If you suspect the first reason, then don't put his name as a reference in your CV but you still mention the experience.

The other thing that you can do is to ask the agency that arranged the rotation for you. Ask them about that doctor whether he previously gave LoRs or not.

Also, check your contract with the agency. See if they mentioned a guaranteed LoR. If it is then they have to do it for you (they are obligated) but if it is not mentioned in the contract then there's nothing else that you can do.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I wanted to add to what Sabio said, try to search for his name in google.
May be he has violations. If it is, don't mention his name at all.
I suggested that because I heard that some of elective agencies have doctors with violations.
GL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you soo much for your reply, which help me coz I felt bad at the beginning , but SABIO I did very well with him & I was the leader of my team ,did an exellent lecture that he asked me to take it.
2nd GOOD _BOY_1234 he likes students, & likes very much to teach them,
but he collect documents from students & promise them to write LOR's then postpone them.
I'll do as you adviced me, & GL to all of us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts