USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a soon to be IMG planning on starting my preparation for Step 1 soon. I've browsed through different forums including this one for the past couple of years, so I know the different sources used to prepare for Step 1. Most people on this forum (probably because of being mostly IMGs) use the time-tested method of Kaplan + Goljan/Pathoma + FA + UW etc.
Has anyone had any experience with using different books for each subject, not necessarily a single series (Rapid Review, BRS etc) for all the subjects? Like BRS for Anatomy, HY for Neuro, BRS for physio, Lippincott for Biochem, Lange or MRS for Micro and so on. What are your opinions on using these other books for all the subjects and not using any Kaplan books? FA and UW are pretty standard, I'm mostly wondering about the books for each subject.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi
For me I don't think that the source will make a big difference if u will concentrate on FA and UW at the end, study from any source u are comfortable with, and before ur exam ur nbme scores will guide u
So the source is the last thing that u should worry about :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
For me I don't think that the source will make a big difference if u will concentrate on FA and UW at the end, study from any source u are comfortable with, and before ur exam ur nbme scores will guide u
So the source is the last thing that u should worry about :)
Hmm okay, thanks.

Is there anyone who has had experience using non-kaplan books for Step 1 preparation?

Any input would be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts