USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am fairly new to this site and joined because even though am still a couple of years away from doing the USMLE I want to score as high as possible so I can get a general surgery residency and I won't rest a second of my life until I achieve it.

So right now I've started a study schedule, its not that elaborated because as I said I haven't finished school yet, I still have classes, exams and clinical rotations.

Is there any advice you can give me on how to study, what kind of resources to use (since I still have plenty of time I use textbooks but don't want to waste a lot of time into low yield material) or anything that would help me score higher?

Thanks for taking the time to read this :redcheeks;

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Welcome mafara to USMLE Forums. This is the place where you get advice and recommendations from experts and real test takers.

Am sure you can reach your target surgical residency. With determination and hard work everything is possible.

As a beginner I suggest you read the threads in our Recommended Step 1 Threads, there are many study schedules and plans and see which one fit your schedule. Particularly have a look at ZumZum method and StepTaker Plan.

I also invite you to read the Step-1-Starters list of threads as it can help you.

Should you still have queries please respond.

All the best,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts