USMLE Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eve1!
I am fresh graduate my command on basic science in not much good can any1 please guide me the study time i need and tips for preparation of step1.How much time do i need if i just have to study for 5 6 months?what books should i read? its like starting from scratch any guidance tip

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello
I am also new to this forum
Please I would also like someone to guide on what to start with .
Can I once go through snell anatomy and neuro anatomy to get a grasp on these in a more detail. Will it be a right choice . Plz reply as soon as possible . Want to appear in December 2016

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will give you a quick overview on where to start, and you can add or take from it as you like.

Essentially the 3 materials you will definitely need is UWORLD + First Aid + Pathoma.

I recommend purchasing a secondary qbank such as Kaplan or RX.

The more questions you do the better your score will be, that is a known fact.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My situation is quite similar except I plan to spend ~ 7 months.

My plan as of yet = Go through FA itself and also with DIT. While doing so, do a few questions every day over a qbank related to the topic/subject you cover. Somewhere between 5-20. I have got USMLErx for now. Will get UWorld atleast 2 months prior to exam. And if I get time between these 2, I'll get Kaplan Qbank too. Also as soon as my pathoma arrives, I plan to do a topic or 2 from it every day or as relevant to my FA topic at the time.
I'll do Kaplan lec notes/ other books on as needed basis. But I'm pretty sure I'll go through atleast once through kaplan pharmacology, biochemistry and behavioural sciences/biostat. I might also need to significantly do topics from Katzung and Trever's review of pharmacology and Review of microbiology and immunology (levinson)(because these 2 were my primary books although its been a long time). I'm sure I'll need to consult books for other subjects too here and there, and if and when I do, I'll be using kaplan.

Does this make sense to anyone who already has given step 1?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have taken start from kaplan lectures and videos and annotating the notes from points in the DVD and plan to finish kaplan by the end of June.
Kindly tell me what is Dit .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't yet started DIT, but my understanding is that it is a video reading of FA in a way to make sense of everything. Not as much in depth as Kaplan but enough to make it understandable especially with regards to the exam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts