USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I got the Step 3 score today. This long ride is over now and Iam very happy. Perseverance, family support and some luck -that is things that one needs during this journey.
Even though I finished med.school 13 years ago( but I was practicing physician in my country) and there were a lot of people trying to convince me that all my attempts are useless in the very beginning of my journey, it is over now. Steps are completed and i matched to my 1st choice.
Bye bye USMLE forever.
Residency here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bye bye forum. My friends you were so hepful during these years and I really appreciate it.
Future bloggers keep the spirit of this forum by helping each other and sharing information.
GOOD BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
congratulations!

Bye bye forum. My friends you were so hepful during these years and I really appreciate it.
Future bloggers keep the spirit of this forum by helping each other and sharing information.
GOOD BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! Any tip(s) about this exam you may want to pass on before you ride into sunset. Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations! Any tip(s) about this exam you may want to pass on before you ride into sunset. Thanks.
Hi,

Know biostats very well. Such things as NNT, NNH, 2x2 table are asked in million ways. The exam was very similar to CK - 2 answers you have to choose from and both seem right to me.
Fisher's new book seemed useless to me, do Uworld very thoroughly, it helped me very much. (both for CCS and MCQ).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi,

Know biostats very well. Such things as NNT, NNH, 2x2 table are asked in million ways. The exam was very similar to CK - 2 answers you have to choose from and both seem right to me.
Fisher's new book seemed useless to me, do Uworld very thoroughly, it helped me very much. (both for CCS and MCQ).
Thank you so much Gikson for the tip. God bless.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi,

and did you find any ccs cases similar to UW ??? I mean, any repeats from UW??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finally I got the Step 3 score today. This long ride is over now and Iam very happy. Perseverance, family support and some luck -that is things that one needs during this journey.
Even though I finished med.school 13 years ago( but I was practicing physician in my country) and there were a lot of people trying to convince me that all my attempts are useless in the very beginning of my journey, it is over now. Steps are completed and i matched to my 1st choice.
Bye bye USMLE forever.
congratulations !!!!couldn't agree more ..so many people out there telling me HOW I was not going to do it . 12 years after grad ...and I also matched in my first choice .
Don't give up on your dreams people Happy-2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes!!! CONGRATULATIONS I'm just starting my USMLE journey with plenty of naysayers on my tail,I'm a 10 years old grad away from practice for 7 years, Hope I can do what you guys did! Hoe were your scores BTW, need motivation :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations!

I wish all the best for your residency. I am also 10 year old IMG and about to start preparing for steps. I am highly inspired by your journey and feel very positive towards going through the process.
Please keep us updated about your matching precess as well.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi,
congrats and all the best for your residency..:)
you have no idea how much reading through your message has motivated me.
I graduated last year and beginning my USMLE journey now..and since the time i made this decision i am only hearing its a bad choice after an year..you hardly stand a chance..etc .
anyway i am happy for you, and thanks for giving me some hope to go ahead with my decision.
take care.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Step 3

Congrats Gikson! I'm very happy for you :) Concerning the Step 3, would you advice someone who has never practiced as a physician before to take it before applying for residency? Or do you think the knowledge from basic medical sciences and two years of clinical rotations is enough to get a very good score on the USMLE Step 3?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and did you find any ccs cases similar to UW ??? I mean, any repeats from UW??
Nope they weren't similar to Uworld CCS. They were vague compairing to Uworld CCS, which were straight forward. But they were doable!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
congratulations !!!!couldn't agree more ..so many people out there telling me HOW I was not going to do it . 12 years after grad ...and I also matched in my first choice .
Don't give up on your dreams people Happy-2
Congrats Oldgrandmom, we did it. GL with your residency!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congratulations. I am wondering what the time limit is between graduation from medical school and taking USMLE's? I see several grads who are 10 or more years out and are taking USMLE steps. Or is there a time limit? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bye bye USMLE forever.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your USMLE experience, I am so inspired! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts