USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm writing this post to return the favor for all the advise that i got from this forum. I'm a US IMG and not looking to match into super programs. I don't know what i want right now, but i'm happy with my score and will be working even harder on Step 2 to reach my goal of residency.

Here's what i used for my preparation for USMLE Step 1. Use it as a guide and don't consider it to be by any means as set in stone methods to work for everyone.

Time of preparation:
3.5 months

Material Used:
FA 2016- 3X
UWorld- 2X (Timed/ Random)
-- First Pass-- 69%
---Second Pass--91%
USMLE Rx- 70% (didn't finish)

Timeline:
1 month into preparation--NBME 15-- 215
2 months into preparation--NBME 16--224
3 months into preparation---UWSA 1--- 243
One week before the exam---UWSA 2--- 247
Real Thing 233:))

I know my UWSA's over predicted, but its just all how you perform the day of the exam. The real exam was a mix of NBME like questions and UWorld like questions. Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FA2016 and UWorld cover everything. There might be some topics that were not directly addressed by FA and UW, but you will be able to get the answer or have a educated guess based on the information you know from FA and UW. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
step 1

What would u say was heavy on your exam in terms of organ system wise as well as subject wise (path, physio, biochem..) ? Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts