USMLE Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just got my results for Step 1, 232/99. I"m kind of worried, because I was going for a surgical residency. does anyone know what are my chances?...also does anyone know of a recent source for correlations between step 1 scores and residencies for IMGs?...

·
Registered
197 Posts
nice score...well.surgical are always tough.tough and lot of competition too.

anyways when did u take the exam...how about the new immunology questions lot...are they difficult...wat was new wat was tough...?

esp.the new in=mmuno thing that the ecfmg have done to tests nowonwards..!!??

·
Banned
751 Posts
Great score. CONGRATS! Can you please tell us what the national average on your score report is (again)? Thanks and Good luck with the rest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@dr.dhruvdesai- I didn't have a problem with immuno, it was mostly straight forward. what i thought was hard was the epidemiology...the questions in my opinion were harder than they should've been

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a U.S. citizen..graduating in 2013, right now i'm entering into 3rd year, starting my rotations in July. Not sure when I should take step 2, i was thinking later next year, should i take it sooner??

·
Registered
535 Posts
You still have time, don't rush the exam but in fact you may start preparing and see how your score is correlating, you still have time.

Grab some US LORs. Fresh graduate, no need for visa and excellent scores you are good for any specialty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts