1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey can anybody tell me what does this mean
Product Rectangle Font Magenta Handwriting
click image to enlarge

How come I am 79th percentile while my average is only 71, what does that mean?

·
Registered
741 Posts
It means that 21 percent of all USMLE World takers have averaged more than 71 in the collection of questions that you have done so far.
Note that, neither your USMLEWorld average nor your USMLEWorld percentile correlate at all with the two digit score of the real USMLE score.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I just can't believe it that over 20% of students taking UW have score over 71 percent. This is ridiculous, there's must be something wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just want to share something. I took my USMLE step1 in Feb,2010. I failed. My score was 187 and double digit score was 74. At that time, I just read through the Kaplan notes thrice. After that exam, I read the kaplan books again and practice online U WORLD with a score of 70. One month ago, I have given second reading by using my summary notes and FIRST AID and practice U WORLD once again with a score of 85 and percentile of 91. Three days ago, I retook my step1. I found exam not too difficult. NOW I want to ask what are my chances. There were 2 or 3 questions in 4 BLOCKS which I knew, but I pass them by just guessing, only to complete the block. I finish 2 blocks 5 min before the time. I was not feeling difficulty while doing questions except in one block for consecutive 4 or 5 questions. But I am feeling as I guess the answers.......

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just want to share something.I took my USMLE step1 in Feb,2010.I failed.My score was 187 and double digit score was 74.At that time,I just read through the Kaplan notes thrice.After that exam,I read the kaplan books again and practice online U WORLD with a score of 70.One month ago,I have given second reading by using my summary notes and FIRST AID and practice U WORLD once again with a score of 85 and percentile of 91.Three days ago,I retook my step1.I found exam not too difficult.NOW I want to ask what are my chances.There were 2 or 3 que in 4 BLOCKS which i knew,but I pass them by just guessing,only to complete the block.I finish 2 blocks 5 min before the time.I was not feeling difficulty while doing que except in one block for consequetive 4 or 5 que.But i am feeling as i guess the answers.......
Good luck, you were so close that last time that you should be able to pull off the pass this time around. Just remember you arne't the only one who was feeling like that, I can assure you that.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Remember guys that UW scores and percentiles are only valid after you complete the whole Qbank. You can get a score like the one shown here after doing your very first single block and scoring this number! As you do more blocks, you'll likely lose points and your scores will go down.

UW is not very smart when it comes to this, as people who've just started with the qbank may rank in the top 25% and make you get a lower percentile!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts