I'd yes go for it
this should mean at leat over 93 in the exam
Please tell us ur score when u finish
Let's see what happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELP??

I just got done with usmle world all unused questions and untimed ( i would usually be done with the questions in about 55mins or less)
i got a end score of 72% (81 percentile)

i have 4 weeks to my exam now... i and i really need a 99 on the step1 and hopefully three point over 250.
i studied from kaplan high yeild for anatomy and goljan for patho.. with first aid as review at the end.

am i good for the test?? what should i review now... should go for NBME cause i heard the correlation in no longer the valid.. what about kaplan Qbank cause i went through a 20 % or so of it and i found most of it just hard recall at best??

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I just got done with usmle world all unused questions and untimed ( i would usually be done with the questions in about 55mins or less)
i got a end score of 72% (81 percentile)

i have 4 weeks to my exam now... i and i really need a 99 on the step1 and hopefully three point over 250.
i studied from kaplan high yeild for anatomy and goljan for patho.. with first aid as review at the end.

am i good for the test?? what should i review now... should go for NBME cause i heard the correlation in no longer the valid.. what about kaplan Qbank cause i went through a 20 % or so of it and i found most of it just hard recall at best??
The usual hierarchy of qbanks is to do Kaplan first then USMLE Word after it, see this thread http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-general-topics-forum/309-ultimate-qbank-strategy.html

Since, you have done a shortcut and jumped right into USMLE World then it might not be very useful to for you to do Kaplan qbank at this time.

The reason why you feel that Kaplan is so easy "this is because you have done their materials so it would look easy for you".

Your USMLE score has been consistently associated with 99 as per the experience of many many students, so you are now safe and in the 99 shelf of your exam prep. However, no guarantee for the 250+ three digits until you do NBME.

I'd suggest to do Kaplan Diagnostic (if you score over 75%) then leave it forever.
Then do NBME and if you do more than 65% and in any of the forms then you are good to take the exam immediately.

Important not to delay your exam at this point, because everyday goes by a memory bit will fade from your hipoccampus!

NBME score correlation is still valid, and in fact it has grown more relevant than before, my friend has done NBME recently and her NBME predicted 96 and she exactly got 96, this is just two weeks when she got her step 1 score.

Don't ask me which NBME form is better, because I think they are all good and no preference of any one of them.

Good luck, please don't forget to come back to this website and tell us what happened with you when you get the results

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am averaging 65% in UW
my goal is 95+ in step 1
should I take the test?
When everyone is quoting their UW and Kaplan Scores, are these all on unused all topic questions? I have been studying UW and Kaplan and have used almost all the questions. When I take a full exam, it will be on questions I have already answered. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course unused

When everyone is quoting their UW and Kaplan Scores, are these all on unused all topic questions? I have been studying UW and Kaplan and have used almost all the questions. When I take a full exam, it will be on questions I have already answered. Thoughts?
I think we (or at least I) mean is the first unused questions. Doing the question again makes no sense (you already know the answer!)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Agreed

I think Kaplan is still helpful. I started with First Aid and USMLEWorld and moved on to finish Kaplan and USMLERx Q banks. In total, 5-6 weeks of studying. Just got my score report and got a 278. I say use what works for you. For me that was question banks.
Yes, definitely I totally agree with you :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts