USMLE Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
wow its expensive i google it and it costs 5500$ .. for that money i would go for kaplan or falcon.. more rep
Agree. I've heard they're good (a friend of a relative took it) but in my opinion most of those courses are good and if you're willing to pay for one, personally, I'd go for Kaplan.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Does anyone have any information about this program (USMLEAGLE) or have recently attended? Would it be a good option for Step 1 prep?

Thanks!
I have a friend who went there, and he said that there course is nice with nice lecturers and nice accommodation ...etc

·
Registered
1 Posts
great prep course in orlando

just wanted to let everyone know about this prep course in orlando called USMLE prep. some of you may have heard it called eagle prep. i was skeptical at first with it being a fairly new course but one of my friends told me that i had to go. I trusted him and took the course and i couldn't be happier. I passed with a really good score. the system they have worked really really well.

the lecture notes are unbelievable. you don't need any source other than the notes to get a high score. combined where everyone gets personalized attention with tutoring and drills and i'd be surprised if anyone didn't do well. sorry if i sound like a salesman, i'm just really excited about my score and don't want anyone else to miss out.

message me if you have any questions or check out their website usmleagle.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
USMLEagle is a fraud

That program was great before, but it has fallen apart in the last year and a half. Dr. N only cares about money, she told a few of us we are ready for the test, and no one passed. She fights with students, and then when she is annoyed with you, she refuses to see you and tells you to take the test just to get you to leave, and then when you fail, she said "I knew you would fail, I told you not to take it". She can't keep any of her employees, she tells the students lies, and has NO disclosure. She talks badly/complains about the students to other students. Since I was there, maybe 1 or 2 people passed all the rest of us failed. The employees don't care about the students, they gossip worse than the students! Dr. N is clearly using her tutors also. She tells them she will help with residency, but then makes excuses to keep them there....without paying them. She has kept her main tutor from going back to medical school, im pretty sure he is still there. Being an educator, her treatment of her CLIENTS is horrendous. She doesn't help any of the step 2 or 3 students, in fact she keeps canceling their classes! I was very disappointed, and bridges have definitely been burned.:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to this course for step 1 and step 2. I loved it. I was shown how to really excel, and was given the knowledge to pass my exam. I attended late part of 2012 and the early part of 2013. I passed step 1 with a 223 and step 2 with a 225. I went into the program with an NBME score of 220 for step 1. I loved Dr N. I never heard her talk about people or put people down.

I know the people i took the course with 3 of them passed and 2 are waiting for their results. The 3 told me their scores but I won't share them. That is something they will have to do. They all got above a 200 though.

One thing that i enjoyed about florida was that medicine became fun again. I am glad I made the decision to go to the Eagle review course.

I am the type of person that needed help though. I tried to do it on my own and realized that i needed guidance and a push in the right direction.

I am sorry if you had a bad experience, but i had a pleasant one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I went to this course for step 1 and step 2. I loved it. I was shown how to really excel, and was given the knowledge to pass my exam. I attended late part of 2012 and the early part of 2013. I passed step 1 with a 223 and step 2 with a 225. I went into the program with an NBME score of 220 for step 1. I loved Dr N. I never heard her talk about people or put people down.

I know the people i took the course with 3 of them passed and 2 are waiting for their results. The 3 told me their scores but I won't share them. That is something they will have to do. They all got above a 200 though.

One thing that i enjoyed about florida was that medicine became fun again. I am glad I made the decision to go to the Eagle review course.

I am the type of person that needed help though. I tried to do it on my own and realized that i needed guidance and a push in the right direction.

I am sorry if you had a bad experience, but i had a pleasant one.
strong first post.

·
Registered
60 Posts
NO PREP COURSE IS WORTH $5,000!

Use some common sense. Some unknown person is asking $5k and you would join this? Mysterious first time posters chiming in saying its worth it? (Shills from the company no doubt!).

For $5k you can buy every damn USMLE prep book on Amazon! If you're really gung ho on attending a prep course go to Falcon, since Goljan and Steven Daugherty are teaching. I think Falcon is running a promo to take the live course for $1350 in NY or Chicago. Hell, if I could afford it I'd pay $5000 just for Goljan to teach me everything....next best thing is to listen to the man using the tried and true audio files for $0!

Just tired of hucksters trying to take advantage of the fear and desperation USMLE test takers face (especially IMG's!).

·
Registered
2 Posts
cylack. I am sorry you feel that way. just sharing my experience. it sounds like you work for falcon. I am just sharing how i liked it and that i went there and passed both tests.

i joined this service today. next time i join a new site i will post 1 lines until i get to around 100 posts before i give my opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts