USMLE Forums banner

For USMLE World which way do you learn more (all are timed)?

• Study a section... then take questions on that subject

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Study a section... then immediately take random questions from every subject.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Just take random questions (timed, unused, all subjects) regardless of what you are reading

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Other (Please explain below).

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Question is: Which way do you learn more? (I like the subject based method but i seem to be alone on this)

I'm curious also because people throw numbers around and I am sure that the way you go about doing the questions will inflate or deflate your %.

Edit: To clarify, the third option means you do questions irrelevant of when you're studying. Also, to clarify, the second option is doing questions regardless of experience with material (how much you've reviewed it).

Reactions: khanar

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Regarding option number 2, I don't understand it
Do you mean after finishing section 1 and 2 and 3 you do random questions from these three sections
Or do you mean that you do random questions from "all subjects" even though you did not read them yet :notsure:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regarding option number 2, I don't understand it
Do you mean after finishing section 1 and 2 and 3 you do random questions from these three sections
Or do you mean that you do random questions from "all subjects" even though you did not read them yet :notsure:
The latter... do all questions regardless of experience with material.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then in that case what's the difference between option 2 and 3 :confused:
sorry for making it confusing >.<... What I meant was

2. Study whatever subject(s) and then immediately take a block of questions on random questions. (as in, it's "fresh in your mind," the subject(s) you studied at least)

3. Study (for example) all day take a break for dinner, etc. and then do questions. Or it could be any variation for this choice. That was the intended difference.

Sorry it was poorly worded. For the most part, answers 2 and 3 are very similar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If u want to start uworld early Its better to complete a subject ,do atleast one revision and one reading of FA before practising questions in uworld..subject wise practise will make u learn what to look for while u r trying to memorise a concept and how to apply the concepts clinically..what to remember and what not to..
if u subscribe uworld for the last 2months of ur prep then better practise in exam mode..random.
i couldn't agree more with drciri treating a set of questions after reading helps concretize the concept and flags off any areas you dont have a stong hold on. and when you've pretty much covered all bases then solve questions at random.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts