USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having major trouble deciding if I should do Kaplan along with uworld.
I am definitely doing uworld, but I am not sure if doing Kaplan is worth it or not.
I'd really appreciate some help!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey guys!!
i have been having major trouble deciding if i should do kaplan along with uworld.i am definitely doing uworld.but i am not sure if doing kaplan is worth it or not.i'd really appreciate some help!!
i think doing kaplan for 1 month before UW is a gr8 idea i did it and it added alot to me..and if u could leave a good time after doing kaplan q bank for reviewing 1st aid before startng uw it would be gr8

·
Registered
1 Posts
both but world is better

I have both Qbanks. I definitely like World better. Here is why...

1. It is easier to scroll through World's explanations. May sound picky but it makes a difference when you are talking about thousands of questions between now and Step.
2. I like the test analysis part of World better. I'm sure all of the same info is there for Kaplan but it is laid out better on World. You can easily see your averages and percentiles for each division and see how you percentage has changed over time.
3. I cannot figure out how to undo highlighting in Kaplan! It is driving me crazy.
4. World is installed on your desktop while you have to go to Kaplan's website. (not great if you have internet issues or your computer "freezes" during a block)

Kaplan PRO - it has references to First Aid for each question BUT it references 2010 FA not 2011

Since I have already subscribed to both I decided to use Kaplan questions for Subject Exam practice questions and stick with World for general Step practice questions. In the end, I hope to get through both at least once.

PS. You can get a "Free Trial" of the Kaplan QBank. It has 300 questions as is set up just like the QBank you buy. If you find the same things I listed above bothersome, you will like World better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts