USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have an odd combination of scores Step1 75/186, Step2 95/230,
Step3 87/210,CS pass all 1st attempt and 1yr JHU SOM research experience with two posters,one puplication and one oral presentation,
I have Clinical experience from my country(no USCE).I am a graduate of 2005. 1 US LOR, 2 LOR's from my The Hospital i worked with after my Graduation in my Country. I need Viza(J1 or H1).I will be doing an observership in USA from oct 09 but i guess it is too late to mention it in the CV as i have submitted my appliction.
My question is wht are my chances of getting a spot n IM, I have applied to 110 IM,20 FM and 10 IM/Peds programs. Should i increase the number of programs. Up till now 2FM rejections: Viza and 1 yr USCE both from Iowa(they were wrong programs,i realized after applying but was too late to change)

G

·
I have very similar scores to yours
Step1 81/191, Step2 94/226, Step3 88/212, CS pass all 1st attempt

but I have 6 months of USCE (externship and observership)

Older graduate than you (1999)

I need Viza.

I applied to 150 IM and 40 FM

No rejections yet

One interview so far (the same hospital where I've don USCE) :)

I think the best way is connections and doing USCE

Let's wait and see

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering if i can apply to same hospitals for IM and FM. Some of my friends told me not to do it and i ended up having less FM program.
Any Comments and advice:confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,
I have an odd combination of scores Step1 75/186, Step2 95/230,
Step3 87/210,CS pass all 1st attempt and 1yr JHU SOM research experience with two posters,one puplication and one oral presentation,
I have Clinical experience from my country(no USCE).I am a graduate of 2005. 1 US LOR, 2 LOR's from my The Hospital i worked with after my Graduation in my Country. I need Viza(J1 or H1).I will be doing an observership in USA from oct 09 but i guess it is too late to mention it in the CV as i have submitted my appliction.
My question is wht are my chances of getting a spot n IM, I have applied to 110 IM,20 FM and 10 IM/Peds programs. Should i increase the number of programs. Up till now 2FM rejections: Viza and 1 yr USCE both from Iowa(they were wrong programs,i realized after applying but was too late to change)

hey nifnif,if u r still in the forum could u share ur experience in detail,where/how etc did u match .i man old grad ,sour experience n advice will b a great help to someone like me.thank in advance

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have very similar scores to yours
Step1 81/191, Step2 94/226, Step3 88/212, CS pass all 1st attempt

but I have 6 months of USCE (externship and observership)

Older graduate than you (1999)

I need Viza.

I applied to 150 IM and 40 FM

No rejections yet

One interview so far (the same hospital where I've don USCE) :)

I think the best way is connections and doing USCE

Let's wait and see
hey a.r.khan,could u share ur experience ,ur whole story about ur approach for different steps,where u did ur externshio/observership for how long n when ,what did they asked most other things.even im an old grad to start ,so ur experience kinda help me in many way.thanks .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts