Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Not at all useful, you're better off studying by yourself

Votes: 12 63.2%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see all these posts about people looking for an online study partner, and I am wondering about the value of having one. I like the idea, but I am unsure of how useful it would be. This summer I tried having one for a little while, but then we just ended up talking so I felt that we were wasting each other's time. How do you study effectively with an online partner? What things are good to study with an online partner?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I agree, online seems like a waste unless you have some very strong goals set out and neither of you deviate away from them.

Phone calling (both verizon customers to cut on bills) is a better way I think. You pick up the phone say "hey, I'm studying this and not getting it, what do you thing can helP" BAM, say thanks and then say call you again with any other questions.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I think it's a total waste of time. Participating in a forum like this, however, maybe very useful as you can discuss concepts that you don't understand and see what methods and resources are useful ..etc but talking with someone is not so useful as far as USMLE prep, it's just socialization and nothing more :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.