USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys . I got accepted for an elective at Mt Sinai for Dec 2016 and one at FIU in April 2017. I've also gotten accepted at Uni of Texas Feb 2017. Mt Sinai and FIU both require B1 visas which I already have . But Uni Texas sponsors an F1, they don't accept a B1. If I get their F1, how do I do the rest of my electives ? Does getting an f1 mean that my B1 gets cancelled ? Is it worth it seeing as I'll need my B1 for observers hips later on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Aditi,

I think F1 stays valid for 1-2 months after your change period. Did you try emailing University of Texas explaining your scenario, try it- I have read on forums people doing it and getting successful for allowing B1. Anyway, even if you have to apply for visa again, do it.
I am an Indian student and I want to ask you few things-

1) I have applied for Mount Sinai for months of December, but I got late. I sent my application in July. When did you get your acceptance?

2) Since you applied for Feb and Apr, you must have extended your internship. But when applying for electives, our expected date of graduation still remains the same. How do we apply for electives for dates after expected date of graduation if anyone intends to extend it?

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts