USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm really in doubt what to do....
I'm US IMG, I have my step 1 and ck scores ( both > 235) but I failed CS once. I took it again in july and I'll have my scores by october 7th. Considering I'm going to pass at this time, should I wait my CS scores to apply???
what is better: apply on sep 15 without my new CS or on October 7 with my new EXCELLENT cs score ?????
thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
The problem with late applications is that it will significantly decrease the likelihood of receiving an IV. Programs get thousands of applications and, if a late application does not stand out for particular reasons (very high scores, tons of publications, stellar LORs), it is very difficulty to assume they will even care to take a look. If I were you I'd just apply on September. If they like you, they can send you an IV regardless of your CS status or put you on some kind of wait list. CS is mostly Pass/Fail. It does not matter much how good you perform.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top