USMLE Forums banner

waiting for step 1 result...

6K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  medwannabe99 
#1 ·
Step 1 on 17th Jan 2017... waiting for my result ..tomorrow is the big day.. please help me m scared...

#9 ·
My score was not released today, so I'm hoping for next week.
Joanna1987 I dont want to scare you, but my particular exam was extremely difficult... much more difficult than UW and any NBME. I'm not sure why. I did great on UW and on NBMEs but the real exam for me was extremely tough.
However, other people have told me that their exam was straight forward and not as difficult as they thought it would be. I guess the difficulty of each exam varies. It's likely that yours could be easier and more straight forward. I wish you the best in your studies. Make sure you review UW like you're supposed to, so that you dont have any gaps in your knowledge. Review FA often and make sure to do Pathoma as well.

#12 ·
Hey guys, I got my score report this morning. It did not go so well. I failed the exam. Not sure why or how, but I just need to gather myself again and figure things out from here on out. Been depressed all day and feeling discouraged. Anyway

I wish the rest of you the very best on test day and on score report day.

#16 ·
Wow man I'm really sorry to hear it happened to you too. I understand what you must be going through. I thought about a rescore initially, but I heard that the end result is usually the same and that it's basically pointless. Therefore, I'm not sure if I will waste time and money asking for a rescore. Are you thinking about doing it?

Right now I'm just trying to bring my family back together... They are very disappointed as well. This stupid exam is ripping my family apart!!
I'm also trying to figure out how to change up my studies for this exam and how to approach this now. I dont know where to start.

Yes I did take NBME as well as UWSA. I dont have the exact scores with me because I am currently traveling but my NBME scores were in the 220-230 range towards the end of my studies. When I first started studying, my NBME was a 175, and then my second one was 160. My UWSA #1 and #2 were 240s range which I saved for during the end of my study period.

When I took this exam, I felt as if 50% of the material was foreign to me. I felt as if I was taking the wrong test, and not the test that I studied for. I thought maybe I sat on someone else's computer by accident... To me, it did NOT feel like the qbanks at all. None of the "high yield" stuff that everyone talks about seemed to be on the exam, lol. That's how I felt at least... maybe it was just my exam. Maybe it was my nerves, idk. Either way, I gave it my best shot and used my best reasoning. Unfortunately, the test graders did not agree with my reasoning. I thought maybe I'll pass with low score.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.