USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for verification of status from your medical school.

This is the message I have in response to a Step 2 CS application. Note I have already had my school verify me through EMSWP when applied for step 1. Also I am unable to schedule a test date because of this.

Though I recently had sent my transcripts for verification. Could it be that ECFMG will not process my application before my school verifies my transcripts? Also will I have to go through a similar process for my step 2 CK application?

Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's unusual

If you have already verified your credentials before when you did the Step 1 exam then the only reason they need re-verification is that your status has changed from student to graduate.

You should not go into the same process again and again with each step. Once your credentials are verified then that's it. They don't keep asking your medical school.

There might be something wrong in your application. I suggest you give the ECFMG a call and try to find what's going wrong with you application.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have already verified your credentials before when you did the Step 1 exam then the only reason they need re-verification is that your status has changed from student to graduate.

You should not go into the same process again and again with each step. Once your credentials are verified then that's it. They don't keep asking your medical school.

There might be something wrong in your application. I suggest you give the ECFMG a call and try to find what's going wrong with you application.
Rasheed, Thank You

I was a graduate when they verified my diploma the first time.

My transcripts haven't been verified yet, could it be that they want my school to verify my transcripts? Is this done through the online portal or does my school need to send something in the mail?

Again thank you

·
Registered
741 Posts
Rasheed, Thank You

I was a graduate when they verified my diploma the first time.

My transcripts haven't been verified yet, could it be that they want my school to verify my transcripts? Is this done through the online portal or does my school need to send something in the mail?

Again thank you
As far as I know. Schools that participate in the EMSWP do not need to send physical papers to the ECFMG.
I'd say that you have to call your medical school and see if they did verify it or not. If they already did then you have to call the ECFMG to see what's wrong.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think i am having the same problem..

I have applied to step 1 and cs before, did cs but the period for step 1 expired. so i applied (the online part) and i got an email from ECFMG:
"medical school has not yet verified your status at the medical school on the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP)."
They also said i don't have to send any paper documents at this time.

if i have had an eligibility period before, that means my transcripts have been verified.. right?

when you say 'contact your medical school' .. you mean the dean's office?
any help is appreciated.. thanks a lot in advance!
:confused::toosad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts