USMLE Forums banner

Waiting for verification of status from your medical school.

15K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Faith-USMLE 
#1 ·
Waiting for verification of status from your medical school.

This is the message I have in response to a Step 2 CS application. Note I have already had my school verify me through EMSWP when applied for step 1. Also I am unable to schedule a test date because of this.

Though I recently had sent my transcripts for verification. Could it be that ECFMG will not process my application before my school verifies my transcripts? Also will I have to go through a similar process for my step 2 CK application?

Thanks

Discussion starter · #3 ·
If you have already verified your credentials before when you did the Step 1 exam then the only reason they need re-verification is that your status has changed from student to graduate.

You should not go into the same process again and again with each step. Once your credentials are verified then that's it. They don't keep asking your medical school.

There might be something wrong in your application. I suggest you give the ECFMG a call and try to find what's going wrong with you application.
Rasheed, Thank You

I was a graduate when they verified my diploma the first time.

My transcripts haven't been verified yet, could it be that they want my school to verify my transcripts? Is this done through the online portal or does my school need to send something in the mail?

Again thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.