USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Sept. 2019 issue of GP in the mail, It came wrapped in a plastic bag - like cover with an envelope inside with the GP logo. Inside was a letter telling me that my subscription was about to expire, but giving me no date. The letter offered to renew me for a year for $23.99! As a long time subscriber, I knew that this was way too high! So looked inside the mag for the subscription service number and called it. I asked for my expiration date, and was told it is December, 2019. Then I asked for their standard annual renewal rate and was told it is $14.99/year! This is in line with my past renewals. I told the GP rep about the price of the renewal offer in the envelope in the plastic bag in my latest edition. She said that GP was bought out by the United Kingdom last November, and since then, there have been many overpriced subscription offers included with the mag. I asked "bought out by the United Kingdom -- do you mean Queen Elizabeth and them?" She said no, a private company in the UK. I said that this UK company must not know much about US law, and the rep apologized.

Bottom line here is the subscription price of GP mag is $14.99/ year or $22.99 for two years. If you get a letter offering you subscription or renewal at a higher price, it is fraudulent. To get the REAL price for renewal or subscription, call 1 (800-) 289 9839. That is the official number of GP's subscription service. And if you want to subscribe or renew, you'll get the real price.

I never thought guitarists in the US would be subject to such a cheating attempt from the UK. But from what I was told, it is happening.

I don't know how many of my MLP brothers like GP mag, but I rather do. But what I do not like is fraud, regardless of its source or direction. Especially if it is an attempt to cheat guitar players.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, I totally agree with your concerns about the fraudulent GP magazine subscription offers. As a guitar player, I know how valuable GP can be, and it's outrageous that long-time subscribers are being offered such high prices. Now I'm visiting websites like businessmole.com to stay informed about new press release distribution services, the recent buyout of GP, and how it may affect subscription prices. Stay vigilant and protect yourself from scams.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts