USMLE Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not in this forum but I have noticed in other forums people who post that they failed the exam after getting very high scores in their NBMEs and UW. Yes it's very possible and it does happen at times, but the number is super small.
Some of them post these kind of posts to discourage us. I mean imagine someone with NBMEs of 500+ failing and you with a score of less or the same hoping to not only pass but get high score sees these posts, it may create fear in you.
This world is full of sick people who enjoy others' pain.
I have done tons of research in the correlation b/w the exam and NBMEs and the probability that some with good NBMEs failing is very insignificant.

· Registered
1,176 Posts
thank you, b/c when i read stuff like that it makes me shy away form these forums (which I find useful) especially with the daily scenarios people like Mondoshawn and Akatorque post.

But then I read that people with NBME's over 500 are failing step 1 by a landslide and it makes me crap myself.
Yes, '' I failed " posts definitely do shock us when we read them, especially since the resources they are using are the same as what we are using. I think the difference between all of us who have yet to write the exam and those who have written the exam is the way they have studied.

How you study and apply concepts is just as important as what you are studying.

Positive points of 'I failed' posts:

These users are doing us a favor by
1) Motivating us to work harder
2) Pointing out potential flaws in their preparation so we can avoid it.

There's no point of being scared. All that I keep in mind when such things come up is:

"70% of first time IMG's PASS the Step 1";)

Im gonna be in that 70%. I wont be an outlier! :eek:

· Registered
81 Posts
@ all
I am also waiting for result and it scares me like hell when i see 500+ getting failed(as i also score 500+).This time period of post test 3 weeks is not less than severe stress(atleast for me) and then by reading such posts,makes me worry more.Damn,i have started fighting on small things ,lol
God help me :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.