USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took what these polls (here ,here and here) say and I started studying anatomy from high yield series.

High Yield Gross Anatomy
High Yield Neuroantomy
High Yield Embryology

What's missing?

Do I need to study HISTOLOGY and if so from where I should study it?

Cause I didn't see poll about it and I figured that it will be in the anatomy book
should I buy High Yield Histology

Another thing
I studied it from the third edition and if u see those link it is fourth edition
so am I also missing things with the outdated versions???

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another thing

in FA book there no chapter for anatomy

where i can found it exactly

if you give me the page number (from ..... to .... ) it will be great

thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
fa anatomy

another thing

in FA book there no chapter for anatomy

where i can found it exactly

if you give me the page number (from ..... to .... ) it will be great

thanks
there is no specific chapter for anatomy in FA it is dealt with in systems. like when u will do cvs u will find first few pages devoted to cvs anatomy what fa authors consider to be high yield.

about histology I think whatever given in kaplan anatomy book first few chapters is enough. while doing histology from kaplan focus what is the special histologic feature of organ which u are doing,
why is it special? does it have any functional correlation?
if there is some disease process in that organ how will the histo findings change?

and of course u should be able to identify basic histo structure's like parts in a nephron, amyloid staining, stomach histology, ileum, jejunum, portal triad, lymph node section, normal muscular artery, glomerular membrane, thyroid follicle to name a few.

try to c these images on numerous free histo sites on net and also correlate it with pathologic microscopy image.
hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is no specific chapter for anatomy in fa it is dealt with in systems.like when u will do cvs u will find first few pages devoted to cvs anatomy what fa authors consider to be high yield.

about histology i think whatever given in kaplan anatomy book first few chapters is enough.while doing histology from kaplan focus what is the special histologic feature of organ which u are doing,
why is it special?does it have any functional correlation?
if there is some disease process in that organ how will the histo findings change?

and of course u should be able to identify basic histo structure's like parts in a nephron,amyloid staining,
stomach histology,ileum,jejunum,
portal triad,
lymph node section,
normal muscular artery,
glomerular membrane,
thyroid follicle to name a few.
try to c these images on numerous free histo sites on net and also correlate it with pathologic microscopy image.
hope this helps.:)
thanks

but you didnt get my qtn

i didnt study kaplan

i study from High Yield books

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes but what I believe he's saying is that if you do Kaplan anatomy in this case first few chapters, your histology will be covered. otherwise, depending on the amount of time you have a quick read through HY won't hurt, I personally did BRS histology, b/c I have enough time on my hands, and its a really good book with clinical correlates (kinda helps with histopathology also).

HY should be fine, because according to a lot of ppl FA is good enough for Anatomy, embryo and histo....

Neuro I would definitely do HY like nobody's business! and look over Genetics also (unless ur doing Kaplan, then that should suffice)

hope this helps :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts