USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
It's not missing anything

Believe or not
I am yet to find somebody who have taken the test and say that there's something in the exam not cover by FA !!
It's not missing anything :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well 1 thing I would say its missing is chromium. Its in Rapid review and is basically a cofactor in insulin signals, helping glucose uptake into tissue. Without it you can have glucose intolerance.

Also it might be missing some functions of copper (besides excess leading to wilson's).

1. Part of tyrosinase
2. Part of ferrooxidase (transfer Fe to Transferrin)
3. Lysyl oxidase crosslinking of tropocollagen needs it (this im sure though is in FA 2010).

But maybe this is low yield?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Well 1 thing I would say its missing is chromium. Its in Rapid review and is basically a cofactor in insulin signals, helping glucose uptake into tissue. Without it you can have glucose intolerance.

Also it might be missing some functions of copper (besides excess leading to wilson's).

1. Part of tyrosinase
2. Part of ferrooxidase (transfer Fe to Transferrin)
3. Lysyl oxidase crosslinking of tropocollagen needs it (this im sure though is in FA 2010).

But maybe this is low yield?
These are low-yield facts.
That's the beauty of FA, it saves your time and avoid unnecessary memorization.

·
Registered
59 Posts
FA

hi everyone.i m a new member,i from the Caribbean.
I am crazy about FA. I wanna learn everything in FA.
but don't you think that FA miss some stuff, I was doing UW, and doing the USMLE practice test, I had a question about "particle size and lung entrapment". This information is not in FA and is board relevant. but I have a FA 98, and I find the information. by the way:
  • minor than 0.5 micron=remains suspended on air.
  • 0.5 to 2 micron=reach alveoli and get ingested by macrophages
  • 2 to 10 micron= fall in bronchial wall, reflex bronchial constriction, coughing, removed by cilia.
  • major than 10 micron=trapped in nostril hairs or settle on mucus membrane in nose in pharynx.
second thing that I see some questions about and not in FA: AML- FAB classification of leukemia. (M1 -M7).

Correlation coefficient (CC) is incomplete because most questions about CC are present in figures and graph which miss in FA.

I find the section Platelet disorders incomplete too because FA just tell you the deficient glycoprotein without any symptoms. (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Bernard soulier, Glanzman, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura).

I think that there is some little piece of information missing but, FA still the number one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts