USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Am preparing for step 1, done with Kaplan notes, videos and Qbook. I want to start with USMLE World now, I saw there are different durations to subscribe.. whats the best way to use it? shud 2 months of usmle world suffice? plz opine ASAP :rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
mee too in same situation. i have few questions too
1) wats the diff between 1 month and 3 month subscrition, are there any changes in no. of questions?
2) my roommate and me are both preparing for step 1, so can we use the same uworld at the same time?
3) how much difference will be there between uworlds every year?

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
2 months is fine

HI,
Am preparing for step 1, done with Kaplan notes, videos and Qbook. I want to start with USMLE World now, I saw there are different durations to subscribe.. whats the best way to use it? shud 2 months of usmle world suffice? plz opine ASAP :rolleyes:
Since USMLE World is going to be your first online Qbank then you need at least two months of subscriptions.
Anyway, even after the end of the two months you did not finish you can then extend your subscription.

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Answers

mee too in same situation. i have few questions too
1) wats the diff between 1 month and 3 month subscription, are there any changes in no. of questions?
2) my roommate and me are both preparing for step 1, so can we use the same uworld at the same time?
3) how much difference will be there between uworlds every year?
The difference between various USMLE World subscriptions is the duration only. It's the same qbank with the same number of questions for all durations of subscriptions.
You can use it you and your room mate but then you will be messing up with the analysis and the right and wrong questions. For example, if you friend did a block then you come after him and do "unused" questions then you won't have the chance to see the questions that he has done. Also the analysis will be messed up, like you won't know what is your percentage and what is his percentage.
I strongly recommend that you get a separate subscriptions.
As for how frequent they update their questions, then I think it's pretty frequently, like every couple of months they update, remove, and add questions.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The difference between various USMLE World subscriptions is the duration only. It's the same qbank with the same number of questions for all durations of subscriptions.
You can use it you and your room mate but then you will be messing up with the analysis and the right and wrong questions. For example, if you friend did a block then you come after him and do "unused" questions then you won't have the chance to see the questions that he has done. Also the analysis will be messed up, like you won't know what is your percentage and what is his percentage.
As for how frequent they update their questions, then I think it's pretty frequently, like every couple of months they update, remove, and add questions.
If you plan on doing 2 months worth of questions, then pick the 3 month subscription. Reason is because everyone falls behind or you just need more time then you set out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
2 people can use it at once?

So, are you saying that 2 people can be logged in from 2 separate computers AT SAME TIME to use the USMLE world? Have you tried this or know someone who has? Does this really work?

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
No, I did not mean that

So, are you saying that 2 people can be logged in from 2 separate computers AT SAME TIME to use the USMLE world? Have you tried this or know someone who has? Does this really work?
I apologize if I was not clear on this.
No, two persons cannot log in to the same account at the same time. In fact, even if they log in at different times but from two different places that are significantly apart (e.g India and USA) then this will trigger suspicion in the staff of UW and they may ban both of you.

What I meant is that they both use the same account but at different times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts