USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've been scoring an average of 55 percent on uworld and an average of 60 percent in the Kaplan tests.
I wanted to know what the passing percetage (not percentile) is for step 1 USMLE exam.

Are my scores really bad? Should I push my exam (my exams are scheduled for 30 dece. 2010)?? Lastly, with these scores, am i good enough to even clear the exam.

In a lot of stress and scared out of my wits. PLease help!!

P.S. my interest lies in Int. Medicine, so thats what i'll be aiming for.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Your Kaplan and UW percentages are definitely in the passing range and you shouldn't worry.

The only thing that I recommend for you is to do NBME form 7 and it will give you the final word about your predicted score.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your kaplan and uw percentages are definitely in the passing range and you shouldn't worry.

The only thing that i recommend for you is to do nbme form 7 and it will give you the final word about your predicted score.
thanks sabio....nbme 7? Isn't that on the tougher side? I was told to start with form 4. Right now, in a few days i want to give a paper which is closest to the main test- to assess myself. Is form 7 closest in terms of level of difficulty to the main test?

·
Registered
365 Posts
thanks sabio....nbme 7? Isn't that on the tougher side? I was told to start with form 4. Right now, in a few days i want to give a paper which is closest to the main test- to assess myself. Is form 7 closest in terms of level of difficulty to the main test?
Do NBME 7, that is the closest thing you will get to the exam. It is the newest release from the NBME group.

If you pass this test, doing online of course, then you should be in good shape.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would say save form 7 until maybe 2 weeks or so before your test, and use a different form now. Also, you need to do the ONLINE form to get a good assessment, the offline form is not a good predictor. So basically do a form within the next few days, study some more, then do Form 7. This will give you a good predictor and you will know if you're in good shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts