USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am applying for CS and I have successfully completed the online part of the application, I do not know what to do next, since I have already successfully submitted the certification of identification form with the other required papers as photocopies of my medical diploma, form 344, form 345 and other papers for Step 1 application. I was under the impression that my medical school has verified my medical degree since my previous application got accepted, and I was surprised to learn that verification is pending because my medical school did not reply for the verification form ECFMG has sent to it. My questions are:

1- What should I do next in order to obtain an eligibility period and shedule for a test date for the CS?

2- Should I contact my medical school to make sure they send the required papers to verify my medical degree?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
New Rules

It seems that you have registered initially before the new rules.

Old rules: Graduates can take the exam before verification of medical education credentials.
New rules: Graduates cannot take the exam before verification of medical education credentials.

If it has been long time since you initially registered then it's probably that your medical school has never responded to the ECFMG forms.

However, I suggest you call ECFMG before following with your medical school. See exactly what's missing so that you know what to tell to your medical school.

Another issue here is that your form 186 could have been invalidated according to the new rules. You should know this while finishing your online part, they'll tell you whether you have a valid identification of certification valid in file or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts