USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is some posts where the starter has asked should he/she reschedule his exam. I am little unaware what is the policy if you need to reschedule. If there is little time, is it considered to be the first attempt? Do anyone know?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think if you don't write the exam within your original block or the extended 3 month block you just lose the $700 or so - it doesn't count as first attempt fail...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if you don't write the exam within your original block or the extended 3 month block you just lose the $700 or so - it doesn't count as first attempt fail...
That sounds reasonable. Is it certain? Not that I am going to reschedule, but you never know what happen tomorrow?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm fairly sure, but lets wait for some more responses. It's what I understand though from reading the NBME website. If someone has actually gone through this process I'd like to know what happens too... Do you need to reapply completely from scratch?

·
Registered
365 Posts
There is some posts where the starter has asked should he/she reschedule his exam. I am little unaware what is the policy if you need to reschedule. If there is little time, is it considered to be the first attempt? Do anyone know?
If you have less than 1 week before your exam you can reschedule but it will cost you (you owe the sylvan center money).

You then have to pay a 50-75 dollar reschedule fee to the ecfmg.

If you just decide not to write your exam and your block goes past, then you forfeit your 750 bucks and have to reapply. It doesn't apply as a first attempt write, it just means you wasted 750 bucks. You have to reapply to take your exam again- pay the 750 and wait for the CIN. You've already completed the 185 form so you don't have to send in the picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts