USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Can any body tell me the exact steps of getting ECFMG registration for step 1 exam???? (after i get my ECFMG Number)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thaks Alot

Thank u so much sabio. u really sorted out all my confusions. Bcz I wz too confused about registration process.Bt in my area there z electricity problem n my internet also gets interrupted :eek:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Don't worry

Thank u so much sabio. u really sorted out all my confusions. Bcz I wz too confused about registration process.Bt in my area there z electricity problem n my internet also gets interrupted :eek:
Oh you don't need to worry about that much. You application will be saved at the page where you left it even if your electricity goes off :)
Also if you use a laptop your computer won't immediately go off when it is unplugged.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ve got ecfmg no....

Hi . I've got my ECFMG no.....:) now I'll go through IWA. Tell me plz what info should I have in my hand before starting my application??? and I don't have a printer so can I save form 186,344,345??? so that I could get its prints later on...if yes then what's procedure????
And one thing more...if some body has changed his sir name then what extra procedure is required???

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hi . I've got my ECFMG no.....:) now I'll go through IWA. Tell me plz what info should I have in my hand before starting my application??? and I don't have a printer so can I save form 186,344,345??? so that I could get its prints later on...if yes then what's procedure????
And one thing more...if some body has changed his sir name then what extra procedure is required???
RE: Can I save forms?
Yes, you can save the PDF files and put them on a small flash drive and then print them out later.
In fact, you don't need even to save them! Yes, you can go the place where there's a printer and Internet then go to this page
http://www.ecfmg.org/pubshome.html and print whatever forms you are required to fill and send.

What information needed before hand?
You need the following in your hand:
  • Dates of entry to medical school and graduation dates.
  • Your contact info (name, address, email, ...etc).
  • You should also know the exact details of your internships or clerkships if you happen to have one.
  • Also prepare your US social security number or your country's ID number.
  • You need to prepare information about transfer of credit if you did so.
RE: Change of Sir name?
What do you mean by that. Did you change your sir name after you have received your USMLE ID or before that?

·
Registered
623 Posts
When to pay fee??

Hi Sabio,

I read ECFMG registration steps but i am not clear about when to pay fee for step 1 either when filling online IWA application after receiving my USMLE ID or when OASIS shows my status as "Medical education credientals received and verified"??

Thanks for your reply in advance.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hi Sabio,

I read ECFMG registration steps but i am not clear about when to pay fee for step 1 either when filling online IWA application after receiving my USMLE ID or when OASIS shows my status as "Medical education credientals received and verified"??

Thanks for your reply in advance.
You pay the fees immediately after answering the questions in the online IWA application before getting forms for verification.

·
Registered
623 Posts
When I will find form 186??

Hi Sabio,

I am an IMG but now in Canada, can I sign my documents by notary public in Canada?
When I will find form 186, is it after paying the fee?

Thanks for reply in advance.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hi Sabio,

I am an IMG but now in Canada, can I sign my documents by notary public in Canada?
When I will find form 186, is it after paying the fee?

Thanks for reply in advance.
You'll get Form 186 after you pay the fees.
Yes, you can notarize it in Canada by any notary public.

-

·
Registered
623 Posts
You'll get Form 186 after you pay the fees.
Yes, you can notarize it in Canada by any notary public.

-
Hi sorry to disturb again and again,I submitted fee and form 186 came to me with the statement:
Because your medical school does not participate in EMSWP, you are able to complete either a "Certification of Identification Form (Form 186) - Certification by Medical School Official" or a "Certification of Identification Form (Form 186) - Certification by Notary Public and Medical School Official."

I am an IMG, not in my home country, now in Canada, my question is: "I have to send the documents to my school so that my school authorized official sign them and send them to ECFMG by himself "??It would be very difficult as I know my school is not very prompt in replying.....Is it possible that i get form 186 signed by Notary Public here in Canada and send it to ECFMG by myself, then ECFMG itself communicate with my school for verification of my credentials.......

Please help me.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If after reading it you still have queries come back here to this thread and post your questions :)
i need 186 form to be filled n sent to ECFMG. after i send form to them through my college, will they send any documents back to my college for any confirmation or anything???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Eligibility period

Hi guys ,, i need ur help in this issue ,, I got my USMLE ID and started IWA application for Step 1 exam , Actually im stuck on item 2 in the the IWA application which is determaining the eligibility period !!
I want to get my exam during 11 or 12 of this year so the best option for me is to get the period (from 1/11/2014 to 31/01/2015) ,, However the options available right now in the IWA application contains only 3 periods the last one of which ends in 31 December 2014 ,,
Its my first time logging into the application and i dont know if its already not possible to pick a period that starts after more than 3 months or what ? and in this case should I wait till the next month so they r going to add another period ..
I wish that I can get the answer from u guys ASA possible ,, I will try to upload a screen capture for the point that I explained but i am not sure if it will appear to you ..
Thnx in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
You pay the fees immediately after answering the questions in the online IWA application before getting forms for verification.
voted,
You ll pay the fee for step 1,
Then answer all the information about your self and medical education.
Final step you will have form 186 with your name on it and all instructions about what you ll send with form 186 to ECFMG

Print form 186 in 1 page, take some US passport size photos, attach photo to the photo area on form 186-->Have your Dean/ authorized official sign on form 186 and medical school stamp on the photo.

Then send them all ( form 186, copy of diploma, copy of transcript, form 344, 345, form 187,English translate of transcripts) in one envelope to ECFMG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, i want to apply for step1. Can someone tell me where i can find the IWA online application form, please?
I have already obtained my usmle id number. The only thing i can do here is the application for ecfmg certification. Is this required first ?

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Help please

Dear Doctor Queen,

Please read this thread
http://www.usmle-forums.com/ecfmg-forum/362-ecfmg-registration-steps.html

If after reading it you still have queries come back here to this thread and post your questions :)
Thank you Sabio for helping in this difficult process.

I read thread above and many other but still very confused.

If I send the documents before the application for the exam I should sent them without form 186 because it's generated during exam application. So I will have to send it separately, is that correct? Will not it be better to have everything sent together at the same time?
Is this for the reason if we are not sure about our desired eligibility period and we want to have part of the work done ahead?

As I understand I can start exam application before the status "Medical education credentials received and verified" but after I apply for ECFMG certification. Is that correct?

Is there any kind of deadline before I have to start the filling up applications after getting an ID?

Is there a fee when applying for ECFMG certification?

Are documents other than form 186 generated during ECFGM application or during exam application process? as I know form 186 is generated at the end of exam application.

Please answer, this is too much confusing.
:confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts