USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi doctors, I'm having a little difficulty in my posting classes. :toosad: I need a book or any other source where i can find the questions about the symptoms that are asked in history of presenting illness. and Why that particular question is asked, i mean i know its for differential diagnosis but for which disease that particular question is asked for??
I didnt find much in Macleod's so any other book?? or anything over internet???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did your read First Aid
That books tells you exactly how to take history in the CS exam :)
yes i tried it. its good. but the problem is same that it writes the same complains that are written in other books. there are some complains that are not written in it. like abdominal distension.
and also it does not mention why that particular question is asked. it just writes the questions and does not tell the importance of it.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
No book will spoon feed you

yes i tried it. its good. but the problem is same that it writes the same complains that are written in other books. there are some complains that are not written in it. like abdominal distension.
and also it does not mention why that particular question is asked. it just writes the questions and does not tell the importance of it.
There's no book that going to spoon feed you everything. No book in the world will tell why do you ask questions about that chief complaint. In fact it's good that you have books telling what to ask.
If your knowledge is still not good then I recommend you do the CK exam before the CS.
You should be able to tell why did you ask the mother when did she notice the jaundice in her baby first (to differentiate physiologic from pathologic jaundice). That's self-explanatory and no book will explain that for you.

As for the abdominal distension, if it's not there in FA then it means it won't be seen in the exam :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts