·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my story with preparation in brief :

1- I finished Kaplan CK LN + DVDs
2- Finished MTB-CK
3- Finished Kaplan CK Qbook
4- Did Kaplan CK Qbank twice (1st offline, 2nd online with average of 59%)
5- Did form 2 NBME >> score 360 >> = 197
6- Finished 2nd reading of Kaplan LN and MTB with annotations
7- Did UW 1st round with annotations with average 65%

Now I need your advice
-Do I take UWSA now to know where I stand and then start my 2nd round of UW "OR" , Do I start my 2nd round now and then do UWSA ??

Please give my every possible advice in such a critical stage ,, and if you had some other options I'd be happy to listen to them.

Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'd say , go for the 2nd round of UW first till you get a little more confidence then take UWSA , If you are not sure you're ready to take UWSA don't take it just yet cause , as in my case , if you rush it & your score is low ,it can be devastating.
good luck

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrong Q only or both right and wrong ?

I'd say , go for the 2nd round of UW first till you get a little more confidence then take UWSA , If you are not sure you're ready to take UWSA don't take it just yet cause , as in my case , if you rush it & your score is low ,it can be devastating.
good luck
Okay I have another question ,,

In my 2nd round of UW ,, What should I read ,, the explanations of the wrong

questions only or the explanations of both the right and wrong questions ??

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello

Hello people ,, I need some one to give me an urgent advice regarding that

please :sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

·
Registered
128 Posts
i would say both right and wrong , because the wrong also teach you something , and think of it as a sort of revision

study the notes you've taken and you need to do mtb again and again along with the 2nd UW

·
Registered
128 Posts
i think you should read all the low and borderline chapters from kaplan , understand it well and then do it again from mtb then do qs on the specific chapters (subject wise) and see how it will go with you , so far you're doing great i guess you just need a push ,,i would also recommend reading usmle secrets and flashcards ..if you didn't take step 1 first these will help you understand some tricky points ..good luck

Reactions: dr-ahmed
1 - 7 of 7 Posts