USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many International Medical Graduates or even folks here in the US are quite sad that they don't have an iPhone due to financial restraints.

The iPhone has become an indespensible gadget for the medical student and the doctor because of thousands and thousands of awesome medical applications such as USMLE iPhone Applications.

Well there are two alternatives for you.

You can either get an iPod Touch, this device has all the perks that the iPhone has except that it does not have a phone. So you can get all the apps and books on it and it works perfectly in your college or hospital environment.
You can get the iPod Touch for as low as $100 and I think that's completely affordable
Check it out here
iPod Touch devices on Amazon

For those of you who are capable of $500 or so, I recommend the iPad. The iPad is a wonderful magical device that will transform the way you think of technology for ever and it has all the stuff that a medical student or doctor ever need for educational and professional purposes.
Check it out here
iPad on Amazon

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks for the Topic.

But you said Ipad as an Alternative choice?? about $500.
But the Iphone is cheaper than Ipad-its alternative- ?

May you explain the "Financial restrains" ??

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clarification

the cost of the iPhone is $700+ (if you don't subscribe for 2 years with AT&T or Verizon).
Also, am not saying that iPad is a cheaper alternative, am just saying it's an alternative for "those who has money" as I mentioned in the post.

iPad is an alternative when you don't want to switch to AT&T or Verizon, like for example you have an Android phone from Sprint and you are happy with it and you don't want to switch.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks for reply,

I want to ask about the 2 year agreement of AT & T & Verizon:
If I did the agreement but after 2-3 month I would have to go outside U.S.A for long time ( 1-2 years), so the agreement will stop? Do I have violoations if I stopped paying for them? I know the iphone will stop working...

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you leave USA, you have to cancel the contract with AT&T or Verizon and they will charge you cancellation fees up to $600 :eek:

Or you can leave the iPhone active until you return back to USA and in this case you have to continue pay monthly fees of $50 to $75 :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts