USMLE Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have started my step 1 preparation with anatomy .. Smbdy plzz tel me on which topics i should emphasize more ???? :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Technically you should do everything, but I would definitely focus on nerve lesions and neuroanatomy. Look at some CT's and MRI's for neuro and abdomen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
U have started with the lowest yield subject buddy :)
Try doign it with some other subject
Or else ur prep wont be fun n interesting..

·
Registered
161 Posts
starting prep

hey i think u should first do physiology,then patho,then pharmac,finally anat.[not counting behav,genetics and cell bio]
u should organize as such because first u should be doing high yield subjects and those on which u can spend time now.this will help to build up u r concepts.and also when u will be doing u r final revisions u will be able to have confidence over these important subjects.

anatomy is important but it comes way down in the food chain.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have started my step 1 preparation with anatomy .. Smbdy plzz tel me on which topics i should emphasize more ???? :confused:
NO, NO, NO and no way please. You can study anatomy when you pass the board if you want to: Please start with Biochem and general chemistry principles, then leap on Physiology while viewing Pharmacology, because you will meet a lot of concepts associated with drugs and treatment while doing Physio. Move on to Path that will also give you a background in anatomy. After you understand much of the physio and biochem, you can take any other books on the other subjects.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NO, NO, NO and no way please. You can study anatomy when you pass the board if you want to: Please start with Biochem and general chemistry principles, then leap on Physiology while viewing Pharmacology, because you will meet a lot of concepts associated with drugs and treatment while doing Physio. Move on to Path that will also give you a background in anatomy. After you understand much of the physio and biochem, you can take any other books on the other subjects.:rolleyes:
so which subjects r high yielding ???????????????/

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
It's still the same

this z 1 yr old .. infact more than dat
I don't think the distribution of questions and the high-yieldness of topics changed during the last 5 years.
Moreover, that post has been updated and verified just 3 months ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
But i think the question still needs to be answered!!

hey i m facing the same problem what to do from where in anatomy....how to restrict how much u do....its soo vast!!:confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Start with neuroanatomy and nerve lesions. Learn those topics well then move to others. I liked Kaplan for Anatomy used with Neuroanatomy Made Ridiculously Simple. Of course this is in addition to First Aid. Everyone has their own preference though. I did that then used question banks to decide if I had left out topics and covered those.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts