USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am fmg. i am giving my step 1 in jan 2011. I want to apply for residency in 2011, hence i am planning to give step 2 cs before ck in march or april 2011. Can i apply for cs in feb and take the exam in march? how much time the application process takes? and if i apply in feb, ll i have the eligibility to give in march itself? or when should i apply to give in march?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Apply at least three months ahead

If you are already registered with ECFMG with valid form 186 then the application process will be immediate and you can apply in February for a March date.

However, you won't be able to find seats. To be in the safe side you have to at least apply three months ahead.

The eligibility period for the CS is 12 months. Means that when you apply in January 2011 for example they'll give elgibility period from Jan 2011 until Jan 2012 and you can take the exam in day in between these dates provided that you find a seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
how immediate is the process?

I have a valid form and applied last week, did not receive approval yet, only showing in process, do you know how long it takes, becuase my ck application only took one day!:cool:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Give them another two days

I have a valid form and applied last week, did not receive approval yet, only showing in process, do you know how long it takes, becuase my ck application only took one day!:cool:
The last two weeks were full of Holidays. Just give them another two days before calling them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
cs processing taking too long??

its been two n a half weeks and my cs application status still shows "in process"

whereas ck application got accepted in a day....both were sent at around the same time...rather ck was a few days later...

i should call them or wait for the 3 week processing time??

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
its been two n a half weeks and my cs application status still shows "in process"

whereas ck application got accepted in a day....both were sent at around the same time...rather ck was a few days later...

i should call them or wait for the 3 week processing time??
Give them a call, there's no harm in calling them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
cs application accepted

i called up ecfmg to ask about the delay today....i was told to hold the line n after 5-10 mins they said its accepted....

now today happens to be the end of the 3 week processing time also for my application....so i'm not sure if it got accepted today because i called or because the 3 week processing time ended...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts