USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I plan to take step1 in january2012, when should I apply to ECMFG?
if now, is it too early?
and can I myself fix the date of examination? or they will decide the exam date for me in that particular month?

·
Registered
5 Posts
if i plan to take step1 in january2012,when should i apply ECMFG?
if now,is it too early?
and can i myself fix the date of examination?or they will decide the exam date for me in that particular month?
hi ethan..

remember, if ur 3 month exam slot extends into the next year(2012), u will have to use the 2012 application form...the current application form is applicable only for 2011 exam slots (ie maximum upto oct-nov-dec).

so, if ur exam slot is nov-dec-jan or anything later..u cannot apply with the current form.

every year, the form applicable for the next year (eg: the 2012 form in the year 2011) will be issued by the end of august(only this year it got delayed till Sep 15, due to extra form regarding the consent for issuance of ecfmg certificates being added)...

So, in ur case wait till end of AUGUST before applying!!

n....if ur an img...through ecfmg...u get to select a 3 month slot within which u must give ur exam (with a one time extension to the next 3 month slot with extra fees)...
once ecfmg grants u a 3month slot....then YOU must contact the Prometric centre and fix a date for the exam...

i suggest u read ecfmg information booklet 2011 and usmle bulletin of information 2011...it has information that will clear EACH AND EVERY doubt u can possibly have.

Cheers!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts