USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been told that registering with ERAS is not enough to participate in the match and that we have to also register with NRMP.

When should we do that? Should we do it right now?

Appreciating your help and support

Aliana
Ukraine

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
August 15 till Novemeber 30

Hi Aliana,

Yes, you are right. Registering with NRMP is seperate from ERAS and you have to do it in order to be able to participate in the match.

The NRMP website opens for registration on August 15 and the last date in which you can register is November 30.

Please be very careful in typing the same AAMC ID that you have in ERAS otherwise you'll run into troubles.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Aliana,

Yes, you are right. Registering with NRMP is seperate from ERAS and you have to do it in order to be able to participate in the match.

The NRMP website opens for registration on August 15 and the last date in which you can register is November 30.

Please be very careful in typing the same AAMC ID that you have in ERAS otherwise you'll run into troubles.
Do you actually need to register for NRMP before you apply for residency via ERAS? I did apply for ERAS first and then later registered at NRMP and included NRMP ID to my ERAS profile after the application to programs. ERAS support representative told me that programs should be notified about any changes in my profile and most programs have already downloaded my updated profile with NRMP ID. Do I need to worry about it? Should I notify each program by email or via the phone about my updates? Do they need NRMP ID at all for the invitation for the interview?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts