USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im preparing for my Usmle Step 1 for the past 4 months and im done with my first read ( Kaplan Lecture notes + Videos). Ill be catching up with my 2nd read soon so need some suggestions regarding 2nd read i.e when to use FA and what are the best sources for doing MCQs.
Thank You.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey im preparing for my Usmle Step 1 for the past 4 months and im done with my first read ( Kaplan Lecture notes + Videos). Ill be catching up with my 2nd read soon so need some suggestions regarding 2nd read i.e when to use FA and what are the best sources for doing MCQs.
Thank You.
Hi Yasir,

I am currently on my first read, and I am using FA as I go with the topics, its easier to look at their summaries and mnemonics for me as I go, this way when I come back to FA after my first read ( god willing), I will then be used to its format and where things are.

I am just speaking from my experience.. haven't attempted any usmle world,nbme or any mcqs yet, so Can't tell u if my approach is amazing, but It does help summarize things and re-inforce them.

Finally, GOOD LUCK! I hope we do well in the exam!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Yasir,

I am currently on my first read, and I am using FA as I go with the topics, its easier to look at their summaries and mnemonics for me as I go, this way when I come back to FA after my first read ( god willing), I will then be used to its format and where things are.

I am just speaking from my experience.. haven't attempted any usmle world,nbme or any mcqs yet, so Can't tell u if my approach is amazing, but It does help summarize things and re-inforce them.

Finally, GOOD LUCK! I hope we do well in the exam!
this is what i plan to do but also do questions in-between while consolidating what i can pick out into FA.
All i need to do now is START!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The best source is UWORLD no doubt! Kaplan Q bank is equally good. FA is a an amazing review book. Use it along with ur qbanks.

All the best !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts