USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
hi planning to give my usmle exam on april of 2011. when i should start my application process pls help me
Here's what I did.

I didn't sign up until I was just about ready.

I did all my qbanks and studying without signing up. The reason being, is because I didn't want to constantly watch the calender and rush myself into taking the test. It was only when I was on my last revision that I thought, "OK I am ready as I can be, time to get signed up". It only took me a couple weeks to get eveything done and I picked my site 2 weeks before I took the exam.

So, I could be the odd ball, but I just didn't want that extra pressure/stress of reading something with the back of my mind saying, good enough you gotta study something else cause times running out.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Disagree

Here's what I did.

I didn't sign up until I was just about ready.

I did all my qbanks and studying without signing up. The reason being, is because I didn't want to constantly watch the calender and rush myself into taking the test. It was only when I was on my last revision that I thought, "OK I am ready as I can be, time to get signed up". It only took me a couple weeks to get eveything done and I picked my site 2 weeks before I took the exam.

So, I could be the odd ball, but I just didn't want that extra pressure/stress of reading something with the back of my mind saying, good enough you gotta study something else cause times running out.
Disagree with you.
If you don't apply you won't feel the seriosness of the issue and you'll be wasting your time by not focusing and not being stressed enough to perform the maximum.
A moderate degree of anxiety is needed to study hard. If you so relaxed and not worrying about your upcoming exam you may not read very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.