USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

I am planning to apply for clerkship I am doing my internship and it will get completed in 2 weeks of March so I want to know when to apply for clerkship and where I can apply and what are the requirements. I haven't given step1 or any other exam yet. I want to know how to apply for unpaid clerkship positions and to know also what are the paid clerkship opportunities.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Answering your questions

If you are going to finish your internship then you will be a graduate and then you won't be allowed an elective.

Then your choices are either observership or externship or research.

You need connections to get these or you can pay for the IMG companies to get you something.

There's no paid clerkships. Nobody will pay you a penny while you are not licensed yet.

Most of them have no requirements but it's better to go with at least Step 1 in hand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
plz help out

my dilemma is quite d same as of d person starting this thread so i thot i'll ask here only...so d deal is i m a medical graduate...just graduated a few months bak..n i dunno where to start luking for externships or even obsies...i dunno how n where to even get started....do we have to apply to each n every place where a post is available...n most importantly how do v knw dat a post is available in d first place.:confused: :confused:
i dont have d huge bucks to pay dese sites dat claim to get u a place n den eventually an LOR...So m just really confused bout wats d plan of action.....
plz gimme sum leads here.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts