USMLE Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 24-year-old male is brought to the emergency department by EMS. He was stung by a bee several minutes ago and now is having difficulty breathing. This reaction is mediated by which of the following classes of immunoglobulins?

A) IgA
B) IgD
C) IgE
D) IgG
E) IgM

·
Registered
209 Posts
c Ig E type 1 hypersensitivity

mast cell release histamine and other chemical mediators

also called immediate hypersensitivity reaction

·
Registered
259 Posts
IgE. E for anaphylExis

·
Registered
51 Posts
it's IgM first Ig produced to any antigen is IgM. IgE is preformed ab
Dear punamrjpt unless they mentioned in the question the word "first" or "primary" immno respond don't choose igM .. This is the trick doctor Kim talked about .. The anaphylactic respond here is due to the igE .. Be careful :)

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dear punamrjpt unless they mentioned in the question the word "first" or "primary" immno respond don't choose igM .. This is the trick doctor Kim talked about .. The anaphylactic respond here is due to the igE .. Be careful :)

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong !
totally agree with u! But they can be so tricky! God, they know that we know it but still, they wanna fool us!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
IT IS IgE.
SOME EXTRA EXPLANATION: :rolleyes:
-Type I HSR. IgE- dependent activation of mast cells./Atopic disorders: hay fever, eczema, hives, asthma, reaction to bee sting.
- Type II HSR. Antybody-dependent reaction/
-Complement-dependent reactions: ABO mismatch, Goodpasture´s Sx, hyperacute transplantation rejection, phagocytosis warm(IgG) autoimmune hemolytic anemia, ABO and Rh hemolytic disease of newborn.
-Complement independent reactions: Antibody (IgG, IgE) -dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity: natural killer cell destruction of neoplastic and virus infected cells; helminth destruction by eosinophils.
-Type III HRS. Desposition of antigen-antibody complexes/Systemic Lupus (DNA-antiDNA), Reumatoid arthritis (IgM-Fc receptor IgG), Serum Sickness (horse antithymocyte globulin-antibody)
-Type IV HRS. Antibody-independent T-cell mediated reactions/
-Delayed type: contact dermatitis (poison ivy), tuberculous granuloma
-Cell-mediated cytotoxicity: killing of tumor cell and virus-infected cells

1 - 10 of 10 Posts