USMLE Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I received 6 interview invitation during the month of September. Yet up to now I did not receive any interview invitation during October!!

What's going on?

I've been told that the bulk of interviews are coming up during October but that's not happening with me.

Do you face the same problem

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Just wait, more will be coming ...

Throughout the previous years, most of the applicants received more interview invitations during the month of October than they did during September across all specialties.

I don't think it's going to be different this year.

Residency programs have to analyze hundreds and sometimes thousands of application. It's a time-consuming process.

Moreover, some programs do not even start looking up the application until mid October (do not rely on their ERAS download date, that's just a download and it does not mean they actually see the applications).

So I think you should at least get a similar number of interview invitations during October. Just be patient and they will come ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there Residency Hoper. We are just going through the 2nd week of October. We still have a long way to go.

just be thankful with your blessings. Maybe others have no interviews yet. No need to rush things. After all, It's them who's picking and judging you and not you assigning yourself to have an interview. Am sure there'll be more. Just wait.

thanks.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there Residency Hoper. We are just going through the 2nd week of October. We still have a long way to go.

just be thankful with your blessings. Maybe others have no interviews yet. No need to rush things. After all, It's them who's picking and judging you and not you assigning yourself to have an interview. Am sure there'll be more. Just wait.

thanks.
Thanks for the advice.
So are you in the same boat?
Did you get IVs in September but no IVs in October?

·
Registered
15 Posts
are you crazy??? just go pray n thank god for the interviews you got!!! 6 IVs is just great!!! thousands of applicants just didn't get IVs yet... no single IV at all n you r nagging with the 6 you already have!!! what about the thousands who only got rejections so far!!
oh god !!!!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who's Crazy !!!

are you crazy??? just go pray n thank god for the interviews you got!!! 6 IVs is just great!!! thousands of applicants just didn't get IVs yet... no single IV at all n you r nagging with the 6 you already have!!! what about the thousands who only got rejections so far!!
oh god !!!!
Did those thousands of people suffered for the last two years doing observerships, externships, and reading day and night to get the 99 series? I bet they did not. While I did, and therefore I deserve to get IVs, am not getting it by luck my dear.
My point is about the September/October difference and am not saying that am not thankful for what I have so far.

Guess who's crazy !!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Did those thousands of people suffered for the last two years doing observerships, externships, and reading day and night to get the 99 series? I bet they did not. While I did, and therefore I deserve to get IVs, am not getting it by luck my dear.
My point is about the September/October difference and am not saying that am not thankful for what I have so far.

Guess who's crazy !!!!
hope everything goes well for u man :)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you guys,

Just wanted to update you that I did receive 7 invitations in October and 2 invitations in November.

will be going for the match with 15 IVs, Wish me luck :eek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
thank you guys,

Just wanted to update you that I did receive 7 invitations in October and 2 invitations in November.

will be going for the match with 15 IVs, Wish me luck :eek:
wooooooooooow

give us your situation

what is you scores
how long since grad
what is your cv
your nationality
which states you got the most interviews
what specialities

pls share with us and give us some hope

1 - 10 of 10 Posts