USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry fellas bothering ya but i really want to know the exact place of the family name...is it my third or fourth name??? i am about to register at ECFMG
and i want to write this piece of information right as i have seen many friends with such problems concerning their application

if i assume that this is an applicant name in the passport :

1 .......... 2........ 3..... 4
homer simpson peter griffin :D

so the family name....is it the third one ( peter ) or the fourth one ( Griffin )

i mean can i choose or it is a must that the last name in passport is the family name????

and if we assumed the famliy name is griffin then what happens to simpson in position 2??? where will it be written?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
546 Posts
Your Family name (surname) would be the last name except if your family name consists of two words.
All of the names (father name & grandfather...) between first name & last name are considered : middle name.

The most important thing, all your records must match exactly the first name & last name.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening guys,
One quick question (which is kinda similar to original one):
Info in my ID (Passport) doesn't match the info written in Diploma.
Passport: First name+Last name
Diploma: First name+MIDDLE name+Last name

The most important thing, all your records must match exactly the first name & last name.
Are u sure it's not gonna turn into problem?
Thanks for your time & help!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Good evening guys,
One quick question (which is kinda similar to original one):
Info in my ID (Passport) doesn't match the info written in Diploma.
Passport: First name+Last name
Diploma: First name+MIDDLE name+Last name

Are u sure it's not gonna turn into problem?
Thanks for your time & help!
If your Diploma indicates which is the first name and which is the middle name and which is the last name then you don't have problem.
Otherwise, they'll understand your middle name is part of your last name or as part of your first name.
Solution: Get your dean write a letter explaining the composition of your name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts