USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Please suggest me a qbank for study (not for self assesment) with very detailed explanations, pictures, graphs etc. I will use it in particular topic, but not timed, not random. In the other words when I will repeat biochem I use only biochem questions in qbank. I think about USMLERx or USMLE Consult...

NB. Also I would like to reserve Kaplan and UW for self assessment (timed and random), I'll use Kaplan after "study qbank" and UW before the exam.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I am using Kaplan Qbank and so far I love it. They provide excellent explanations for all the questions, plus for each question they give you the FA reference/ page number so you can easily find it in FA and annotate it. They also give you a screen shot of the page in MedEssentials, which often has graphs and images. And last but not least, for difficult concepts, they have a 2-5 minute video clip with one of there professors explaining it...love those video clips.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using Kaplan
Absolutely agree with you I used Kaplan and I did 25% of the qbank, my average score after first reading was 40% only and I decided continue reading my weakest topics in FA and Goljan RR, Katzung&Trevor Pharma (what I'm doing now) + doing questions. But anyway I need to do questions it is not only study for me also it is like stumul...
But I would like to leave Kaplan for self-assessment because there is good correlation between kaplan and real test. Then If I'll see enough progress I will do UW and then exam :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am using Kaplan Qbank for learning - as Heights wrote, it's nice to have a page # in First Aid to go to for each question! And the Qtorial videos and MedEssentials charts are pretty helpful too.

Picture 1.png
click image to enlarge

I will do a 90-day UWorld starting three months before my exam and go through it in random timed chunks. Surely periodic online NBME's would be the most accurate absolute self-assessment, and there are enough so that you can spread them out. I'm not sure you need another one, per se.

I haven't taken the exam yet, so I'm not sure - but I had this strategy recommended to me and it seems pretty sound...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts