USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which score is ok to have in US to go to exam, minimal.
IT's know as much as good, but i ask about minimal , that indicate you are ready for exam...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not sure whether or not usmleworld is indicator of real exam performance. My Nbme 4 score was 250 although I was scoring around 50% in uworld.

There are some people scoring around 80% but their nbme performance is far less compared with their uworld performance.

I think uworld should be used solely for learning purposes. :))

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Barıs Olten;748385 said:
I'm not sure whether or not usmleworld is indicator of real exam performance. My Nbme 4 score was 250 although I was scoring around 50% in uworld.

There are some people scoring around 80% but their nbme performance is far less compared with their uworld performance.

I think uworld should be used solely for learning purposes. :))
Thanks for reply, I'm doing first round UW, and have same 50-55% in UW, did't get some assessments to see a real deal, but will...
What you will recommend for me first from asssessment tools? :
UW self assessment, Kaplan diagnostic test, NBME form4 or 6?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for reply, I'm doing first round UW, and have same 50-55% in UW, did't get some assessments to see a real deal, but will...
What you will recommend for me first from asssessment tools? :
UW self assessment, Kaplan diagnostic test, NBME form4 or 6?
I would always do assessments with NBME materials. Some people feel the UWSA is more predictive for CK, but I have my doubt.

UWorld percentages are definitely not predictive for CK like they were for step 1.

Personally, I would not sit for the exam without comfortably scoring >220 on the practice tests.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

i would always do assessments with nbme materials. Some people feel the uwsa is more predictive for ck, but i have my doubt.

Uworld percentages are definitely not predictive for ck like they were for step 1.

Personally, i would not sit for the exam without comfortably scoring >220 on the practice tests.
if i plane to buy 2 forms of nbme, which ones do you think are better to do?
4 and 6, or 6 and 7?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts