USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
As far as I know these are California, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

But remember it's not the in-patient externship that program directors are looking for. They just want to know that you are safe with patients and have familiarized yourself with how things are going on in USA.

Moreover, in clinic setting you usually get stronger LORs with words like outstanding, excellent while in hospital settings you get words like met the requirements and attended.

Generally speaking outpatient externships are the only real hands-on externships that you can get.

·
Registered
168 Posts
afraid after hearing the following!

Is it true that if u go for externships through companies, PD will not like it and forget about your application?:confused: I have heard scary stories of people getting their applications refused cuz PD knew that the externships they did were not worth it as they were paid
really worried

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it true that if u go for externships through companies, PD will not like it and forget about your application?:confused: I have heard scary stories of people getting their applications refused cuz PD knew that the externships they did were not worth it as they were paid
really worried
No one knows exactly how it is.. it is just a blind game.. u may get matched or may not get matched..

And Forum staff isnt replying for such questions because it might create controversies between companies and staff members.. and yes i am currently doing paid externship and i dont even know whats gonna happen..

BEST way is to get electives in hospitals by applying early..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts