USMLE Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that Conrad Fischer literally split step 2 KLN into two parts to create MTB2 ck & MTB 3 :(
to sight a few for eg; in Neurology, DEmentia and vertigo are missing from 2ck notes but present in mtb3.
in Nephrology, he skipped churg-strauss syndrome, wegner's etc in 2ck note but they are present in mtb3:(

what was he thinking????????????????????:toosad:

but that is not to say that MTB3 is complete because its missing alot which are present in 2ck.

that simply means,we have to read all of mtb3 and 2ck which is total of 1080 pages,why shouldn't i simply dump MTBs and read from KLNs of 1120 pages since it contains everything??????????????

·
Registered
763 Posts
I wish Fisher had wrote the book which would have been the combination of MTB 2CK and MTB 3. I know that people use MTB CK for IM and 3 for other subjects, but even internal medicine needs to be filled from MTB 3(this doesn't mean that MTB 3 has enough material, they fill each other). eg. i did neurology Kaplan CK lectures and Vertigo/Dizziness was discussed in it by Fisher, then read MTB CK and it wasn't there i checked it in MTB 3 and found the suitable chapter about Vertigo. (also dementia is in MTB 3 but not in CK ).

He likes to mention that the questions which were seen on Internal Medicine Boards about 5 years ago are likely to appear on step 3 now. So i assume that questions from Step3 may appear on CK too.

My personal way of prep is bases on this: "take MTB CK as a major book ( like FA for step1) and annotate things in it. I also read Step up to medicine and add infos in MTB CK from it. so at the end i will have in MTB CK following resources: MTB 3, SUTM, Kaplan Notes (for other subjects) + Qbanks."

this is my personal opinion and i have enough time to do this. for those who are taking exam like after 3 months of prep Watch Fishers leqtures + MTB CK + Usmle world.

GL

Reactions: venky2600 and blade

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@[email protected] ck
thanx guys.....i think beka said it all"pull everything into mtb2ck just like fa for step1".........i had the notion that mtb2ck was complete for IM but its not:mad:
............maybe i should send CF a request to make an all in one book:)):))

·
Registered
763 Posts
@[email protected] ck
thanx guys.....i think beka said it all"pull everything into mtb2ck just like fa for step1".........i had the notion that mtb2ck was complete for IM but its not:mad:
............maybe i should send CF a request to make an all in one book:)):))
he knows that better than anyone :D but making $$ is much better with 2 books than with only 1.

:D

Reactions: USMLE234

·
Registered
32 Posts
Exactly! I'm glad that im not the only one who saw this. I went through KLN IM while comparing to MTB2 2010, and I ended creating 138 pages of word of missing topics. same for peds and ObGY and Psychiatry. These Kaplan people are so smart to split the info into 2 and then put them in MTB2 and MTB3. Clever way of making money.

QUOTE=blade;170906]i just realised that CF literally split step 2 KLN into two parts to create MTB2ck & MTB 3:(
to sight a few for eg;in Neurology,DEmentia and vertigo are missing from 2ck notes but present in mtb3.
in Nephrology,he skipped churg-strauss syndrome,wegner's etc in 2ck note but they are present in mtb3:(

what was he thinking????????????????????:toosad:

but that is not to say that MTB3 is complete because its missing alot which are present in 2ck.

that simply means,we have to read all of mtb3 and 2ck which is total of 1080 pages,why shouldn't i simply dump MTBs and read from KLNs of 1120 pages since it contains everything??????????????[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think KLN notes are very good regarding details but they are not well organized. MTB 2 is very well written RE IM .. I don't see the need for reading MTB3, I didn't and I have to say that the most important source is Uworld..No doubt in my mind about that

·
Registered
433 Posts
my advice

what i think is reading both FA and MTB would be great....
FA provides ya with solid high yield info and MTB tells ya exactly how to utilize such info in the exam
i didn't take the exam yet, but let's see how this goes :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts