USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my application was rejected yesterday probably because of diploma translation,I'm gonna call ECFMG tomorrow to ask the reason but until then do you know if the ECFMG will agree to have my diploma translated by an independent translation service and charge my financial account for it.
in ECFMg booklet it mentions that "If the final medical school transcript provided by your medical school is not in English, ECFMG will have the transcript translated into English by an independent translation service, will charge your ECFMG financial account for the translation", so is this also possible for medical diploma. I'm asking because i graduated from a med school in turkey and now I'm working in Syria so it's difficult to go to turkey again and get another translation which may also be rejected as well.....

anyone did this before ?:sorry:...........

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
called the ECFMG

i called the ECFMG and the representative said that i didn't send a photocopy of my diploma in original language(Turkish), i tried to explain to the man that our damn diploma is two faces front face turkish and the back one in english and that i included a translation because the right margin of the english face of the diploma contains some informations in turkish like father's name, place of birth and type of degree..... but i coulden't convince the man and he kept asking for the photocopies of diploma in original language. now i have to send it again..... i'm really upset... should i send an email to the ECFMG containing scanned images of my diploma so he believes me or do you think i sholudn't complicate the situation more and send what they asked me to.... :toosad::toosad::toosad::toosad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also got a similar reason for rejection. I wish to know can we send the translation along with the copy of original language diploma but without the deans signature? as they already have 2 copies of the signed diploma which i had sent previously

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey my problem i think is kind of similar to yours?did u have to resend form 186 along with other documents or did u just send the diploma photocopies with translation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts