1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, thanks God I got a prematch in IM
But let me tell what another PD has told why he rejected my application

He said this in the email
" I currently have PGY3 IMG doctor in my program who's older than me! He has taken control of the other young residents. I am not going to put my program in this risk again. I learned that old IMGs could pause a potential risk to the proper flow of residents and may cause siginificant deviation. I do appreciate your prior experience but am sorry I cannot accept old IMGs anymore. We have set a new filter which is 3 years after graduation or less."

So what do you think about that!!!
I found his email really strange :confused:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two types of residency programs

There two types of programs
Some programs are keen to have "expert" IMGs and their program director prefers to have someone who already knows the work and doesn't much work to train him/her. Such programs are usually community or affiliate programs and they are usually categorized as "IMG friendly". They usually do not look at the USMLE score as much as they look your prior experience and they love you if you have US experience such as hands on externships.
The other type is those programs that prefers a candidate who's still fresh grad with high scores in USMLE. Their program director wants to shape that candidate the way he thinks most appropriate. Such programs are usually University high profile programs and are usually not IMG friendly.
Of course it's spectrum and there are programs in between.

·
Registered
37 Posts
OK, thanks God I got a prematch in IM
But let me tell what another PD has told why he rejected my application

He said this in the email
" I currently have PGY3 IMG doctor in my program who's older than me! He has taken control of the other young residents. I am not going to put my program in this risk again. I learned that old IMGs could pause a potential risk to the proper flow of residents and may cause siginificant deviation. I do appreciate your prior experience but am sorry I cannot accept old IMGs anymore. We have set a new filter which is 3 years after graduation or less."

So what do you think about that!!!
I found his email really strange :confused:
hey Pherick,could u put few word about ur interview with the PD.i man old grad n ur opinion n experience should surely help me in planing my interview regarding do's and don'ts .pls share few of ur experience with us.thanks n belated congratulation for ur match

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow..i personally find it kinda scary..who knows how many others share dis sentiment..or similarly covert personal reasons for rejecting applications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts